Monday 16 September 2013

Eight Days a Week...

Work.

I said I would come back to the topic of work in my last post, and it has taken me a while to get around to it.

My main excuse?
Exhaustion.

There is so much to do and see here, and I am working all the time, so it barely leaves me any time for sleeping. Somehow I have been surviving off 4 or 5 hours sleep a night, with the occasional 6 hour sleep thrown in there. It hasn't been great sleeping that little, but I know that I would rather be out there having fun, and feeling tired, than not experiencing everything this program has to offer me.

Now work itself has been...interesting. 

I'm going to be honest and say I hated it at first. I'm whats known at Disney as a Vacation Planner, essentially we sell the tickets to the parks, and do about 500 other things along the same lines. It is stressful!! There is so much to remember, and guests are constantly coming up with different requests, or weird circumstances, and most of the time I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

But it has got better. Somewhat.

The main thing that is frustrating me, is I am only getting one day off a week. I am working 6 days every week, while my friends and roommates are getting 2 or sometimes even 3 days off. We are meant to be guaranteed at least 2 days off on our program, but apparently Vacation Planners do things differently. It is exhausting! I have been having these awesome days off, doing super fun things, and spending the entire day out adventuring, but obviously not catching up on sleep for the rest of the week. Its a vicious cycle my friends.  

This week it has taken its toll, and I am sick. Full blown coughing fit sick. But I'm still going to work. Its not fun.

But rant over. Work is work and it's going ok now. I'm still hoping for those illusive second days off, but I may just have to give away some shifts every now and again. Take a health day haha. 

More life posts to come... And trust me, a lot is happening, tiredness aside...

I Don't Care
I LOVE IT!
Struan's birthday drinks at our favourite Irish pub!

Finally met my boss! It all started with a mouse...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...